One important change requires action on your part. The Attachments folder (CitaviFiles in Citavi 4) has been renamed as Citavi Attachments. So that Citavi can find PDF files, images, and other files attached to your project, you need to copy the contents from the old Attachments folder into the new Citavi Attachments folder for each Citavi 5 project you created.
- Close Citavi 5.
- In Windows Explorer switch to the Citavi 5 folder for user files. The default folder is C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\Citavi 5.
- Open the Projects folder and then open the folder with the project name.
- Move the contents of the Attachments folder to the Citavi Attachments folder.
- Delete the Attachments folder.
- Repeat these steps for each Citavi 5 project.
Please share how you’d like to use groups!
New feature: Citavi for DBServer. This new edition for database servers is primarily meant for our organizational users. In Citavi for DBServer, project files are saved in a server database rather than in a file. This makes it possible for large teams to work on projects at the same time, and it makes user and license administration easier. The DBServer Manager makes administering server projects a breeze.
The Word Add-In also includes new improvements. There are now additional sorting options for references and knowledge items.